Individual Events (I.E.’s)
Kansas Thespian Conference Individual Events (IE’s) is an educational program that offers Thespians the opportunity to receive constructive feedback on prepared theatrical material and technical designs.
The performance Individual Events include: Monologue, Duet Acting, Group Acting, Solo Musical Theatre, Duet Musical Theatre, and Group Musical Theatre.
The technical Individual Events include: Costume Construction, Costume Design, Lighting Design, Scenic Design, Short Film, Sound Design, Stage Management, and Theatre Marketing.
- All Individual Events must be registered though an online form found on the Kansas Thespians website. All information must be submitted; including student names, titles, authors/composers/lyricists and event type. All Musical Theatre events must include the show title AND the song title.
- Only the total number of your Individual Events needs to be entered at the same time as your registration for the festival. The specific information regarding the event (titles, authors, etc.) can be submitted later.
- Each event is $25. If it is a duet or group event, Kansas Thespians only needs one registration with all the participants’ names and one entry fee. For example, if you are submitting 3 monologues, 2 duet acting, 1 group musical, you only need to pay for 6 events.
- Each student can only participate in one IE at the Kansas Thespian Festival.
- You need to submit event information for each event entered.
- All IE’s must be entered through the Kansas Thespians registration site, located at kansasthespians.com >>> “Kansas Festival” >>>”Individual Events”.
- All registrations must be completed by November 1st. Any incomplete registrations will be disqualified.
- Fees for I.E.’s need to be paid with your conference registration. I.E. materials MUST be from a published play or musical. Any play from Samuel French must be on the Green Light List.
- The I.E. schedule with specific event times will be released on December 1st.
- Students are not required to stay in their event room for the entire competition. However, they are welcome to observe any event, as long as they enter the room BEFORE a performance/presentation has begun.
- State Board Members will be monitoring each event door for appropriate entrances and exits. As well as keeping time for all events.
- It is strongly suggested that all students arrive to their event at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
- Each room featuring Musical Theatre will have a Blue Tooth speaker with auxiliary cord.
- Students who qualify for NIES are required to perform the same piece at the International Thespian Festival.
- Please read though the NEIS Guidelines for specific event rules, including score sheets, located at kansasthespians.com >>> “Kansas Festival” >>>”Individual Events”.
- Contact Edward Shafer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.